Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fafe and Amy Ruth

I was thinking about the grandparent generation yesterday, when I found out that the husband of one of my professors at Fletcher worked at Covington & Burling between 1952-1955. Do we know when Amy Ruth worked there?

As I was poking around, trying to find the answer to that question, I discovered something else interesting. In previous searches for "Amy Ruth Mahin," "Charles Boyd Mahin" and "Keck, Mahin & Cate," I'd come up with little information. My assumption was that there would be less and less as time went on. Much to my surprise, the amount of information seems to be expanding.

That quirky, quirky internet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy Ruth entered Northwestern in the fall 1939 and graduated coif and law review in 1942. She immediately joined Covington, Burling in Washington, where she worked from 1942 untl the late 80's or 90's. She was never promoted to partner, though she was the last woman to have been denied that honor.

AmyG said...

there was no way she worked there until the late 90's. that's insanity. i'd say the early 80s.

reb47 said...

I am working on some audio cassette Fafe passed along. The first is his "charge" to young lawyers, a history of the firm up till that point (not sure what point.)
I am trying to clean up the background, then will convert to mp3 and burn it to cd for you.